Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Visit to Shirdi wale Sai Baba - A Guest Post


While I was holidaying in India, I received an email from the folks at MyBusTickets.in to contribute a short article to my blog. MyBusTickets.in was launched by online entrepreneurs and is all about booking bus tickets through mobile and online for travel within India. Check out their blog for some nicely written travel articles covering various destinations within the country. Traveling by bus in India is something that I have done quite frequently and I'm all for exploring the available options to make traveling by bus as comfortable and safe as possible. I've never featured articles on my blog other than my own with the exception of one guest post by my husband (well, he is not counted) so I thought why not? The correspondence was quick and smooth and I received this article that you see here along with a few pictures. 

So, let's get the show on the road shall we? 

Happy reading!


★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★   
I was in Mumbai last month for an office conference. I was swamped at work the entire week, but I had some time off on the weekend and a friend of mine suggested that I take a trip to Shirdi. When it comes to travelling I am always ready. So, I chalked out a schedule and switched on my computer to book my bus tickets to Shirdi. Online bus ticket bookings are the easiest thing I have come across, where your pass to travel, is just a click away.  I booked my ticket from “My Bus Tickets” and luckily I found a window seat.
I was leaving on a Friday evening and it so happened, that Narendra Modi had a rally that evening too. Mumbai traffic becomes nerve wracking as it is, and with the rally in full swing, it was nothing short of mayhem. I finally reached my pick up point for the bus and was all set to visit Shirdi. It takes about four and a half hours to reach Shirdi from Mumbai and it was a pleasant ride because of the magnificent sights through the Konkan region. Shirdi is not just about the Sai Baba temple but about the city itself. The sombreness of the place is its biggest attraction.
A cup of coffee at sunrise, in my room, overlooking the sea made the trip all the more worthwhile My exploration started with two local beaches in town, followed by the sacred Sai Baba temple. 


I also paid my respects at Baba Chavadi, Dwarkamai Musjid, Khandoba Mandir and other small temples in and around the city. During all of this, what caught my attention was a beautiful little museum called Dixit Wada, located within the Shri Sai Baba Sansthan Trust Comp which houses the belongings used by Sai Baba during his lifetime. Apart from the city’s sacred spirit, the biggest plus point about Shirdi is its authentic Marathi cuisine. With all the local flavours, my taste buds just went on a joyride.


All I can say is that my trip was worth every penny. I felt refreshed and rejuvenated with the austerity of the place, the vintage Marathi cuisine and the sheer magnificence of the city. Shirdi truly cleanses one's soul with all its purity.


Please note that this is not a sponsored article 

2 comments:

  1. I have seen your blog its very nice, well design and very informatics, I am Also Travel Agent - LookIndiaHotel.com have lots of holiday tour packages &
    Hotels in India, Hotel Booking at very economical pricing that gives you all facilities to travel having comfort and care. In our tour packages you get railway or airplane ticket bookings,
    About Shirdi Tourist places, Shirdi Hotels, Shirdi Tourism sightseeing, meals bed tea, also holidays packages etc
    Hotels in Shirdi, Shirdi Hotel Booking
    Best Deals
    Car And Driver India

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really nice information provided by you. Thanks for sharing this with us. If you want a Budget Hotel in Shirdi visit Sai Sahavas Hotel.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? You can leave a message to let me know. Thanks!

Please note that I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem inappropriate, offensive, spam or self-advertising. I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...